Online Application Deadline: February 15th
Priority Deadline: January 15th
Admissions is a two-step process. Please download our Application Checklist for a step-by-step guide through the application (available to the right).
- Step 1: Online Application, submitted through CollegeNET (gradadmiss.gatech.edu). Due by the annual deadline.
- Step 2: 15-minute Language Proficiency Interview, conducted via app or video chat after application submission. Required of all applicants, including native speakers.
For detailed information about application requirements, please visit the admissions page of the School of Modern Languages Graduate Program:
- Bachelor's Degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university (current undergraduates should note their expected graduation date; all accepted students will be required to submit proof of graduation before they can matriculate and enroll)
- Intermediate-mid level proficiency in the language of focus (tested using online interview)
- TOEFL score at least 90 or above (required for all international students)
GRE Scores are not required for this program.
- Students may be enrolled in a degree program at another university while also being enrolled in this program.
- Students who apply to both the MS-GMC and MS-ALIS can request an application fee waiver for the second program to which they apply.
Online Application Materials
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts from B.A./B.S. degree
- 2 Letters of recommendation (contact info)
- Government issued ID
- Cumulative GPA
- TOEFL score (international students)
- $75 application fee
Please download the Application Checklist for details on each of these elements.
We have a number of affiliated fellowship and graduate research assistantship packages, which are available on a competitive basis. For information about funding packages, please visit the Graduate Programs in Modern Languages Funding page below: